Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are processed as received.
Please contact us prior to completing the application so we may help you with the process.
Eligibility and Review Criteria
Prospective host sties must meet the following criteria:
- Organization is a public agency or 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- Is able to make the required financial contribution.
- Has capacity to provide regular, high-quality supervision, professional development opportunities, adequate work space, and other supports to a VISTA member.
In the application to become an OPEN-MSU host site, organizations will need to propose a project that can be completed by a VISTA member. The OPEN-MSU Advisory Council will accept projects that:
- Align with one or more OPEN-MSU program goals.
- Are focused on organizational capacity building, not direct service or administration of ongoing programs.
- Are focused on serving low-income populations.
- Have strong community engagement in creation and implementation.
- Incorporate cross-site community assessments.
- Include VISTA Assignment Description (VAD) that are actionable and achievable.
We will announce soon when the RFPs and applications will be released. Please contact us prior to completing the application so we may help you with the process.
The form needs to be signed either using an electronic signature or you can complete the fillable PDF by printing, signing, scanning, and then e-mailing it.
Your application must include the following:
- Application Narrative
- Application Form
- VISTA Assignment Description (VAD)
- Proof of non-profit status
- A letter of commitment from the organization’s board of directors (or an appropriate administrator)
- The proposed supervisor’s resume and job description