(For second round of host site applications)
- Host site application deadline: June 12th, 2020
- Host sites will be notified of acceptance: June 17th, 2020
- VISTA member interviews will take place: May - June, 2020
- VISTA members start work at host sites: August 31st, 2020
- VISTA member and supervisor orientation: September, 2020
***Please contact and make an appointment with Jessica Barnes-Najor ahead of completing the application to help you with the process.
In the application to become an OPEN-MSU host site, organizations will need to propose a project that can be completed by a VISTA member. Applications to host a VISTA will be reviewed by the OPEN-MSU Advisory Council according to the following criteria:
- Project aligns with one or more OPEN-MSU program goals.
- Project is focused on organizational capacity building, not direct service or administration of ongoing programs.
- Project is focused on serving low-income populations.
- Meaningful connections to community are an integral part of the project.
- Project incorporates a cross-site community assessment.
- VISTA Assignment Description (VAD) is actionable and achievable.
- Applying organization has capacity to provide regular, high-quality supervision, professional development opportunities, adequate work space, and other supports to the VISTA member.
- Host sites must be public agencies or 501c3 nonprofits.
- Sites must be able to make the required financial contribution.
- We strive for geographic distribution of projects throughout Michigan.
- We prioritize projects that have strong community engagement and input into the creation and implementation of the project.
We will announce soon when the RFPs and applications will be released. Please contact and make an appointment with Jessica Barnes-Najor ahead of completing the application to help you with the process.
Contact: Jessica Barnes-Najor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-974-9021.
Applications must be completed using the fillable PDF and submitted electronically via email to OPEN-MSU (email@example.com) by 5:00 p.m. on June 12th, 2020.
The form needs to be signed either using an electronic signature or you can complete the fillable PDF by printing, signing, scanning, and then e-mailing it.
Your application must include the following:
- Application Narrative
- Application Form
- VISTA Assignment Description (VAD)
- Proof of non-profit status
- A letter of commitment from the organization’s board of directors (or an appropriate administrator)
- The proposed supervisor’s resume and job description